Friday, December 5, 2008

CHASIN' THAT PAPER!

I've spent the last 3 nights at the card table, It's been good to me, I have made money each night and as a result have been able to survive quite nicely, even with out full time work. Today I asked my boss at the skate/snow shop if I could work extra and he gave me an 11 hour shift. I am convinced that my survival skills make me a NBH. (natural born hustler). Something about 5 years as a junkie has taught me the ways of making a buck out of everything. This is one of those skills that I am not always proud of. As a debt collector I was always a little ashamed of how good I was at getting people to pay their bills. Manipulation being a key factor in my former alcoholic life, I have to now be a super-hero, constantly making decisions to use my powers for good or evil. Either way, I know exactly how much money I need to survive, how much to live comfortable, and how much I have. I work simple math to decide how much I need to come up with each week. Then I start deciding how I can come up with it, seems a lot like when I would wake up and immediately start running scams through my mind in order to obtain dope. Today my ways of obtaining money are much more civilized, although not always legal. (poker is not legal in the back door of a pool hall in the state I live in.) With the weekend here I am hoping to find a game or two and get a little close to comfort and a little further from survival mode. Heres hoping for a cash filled weekend. I got bills to pay. Oh and btw.... Vegas is booked for New Year's Eve!


No comments: