Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh hello there....You must be what they call "morning"

Unemployed (term used loosely as I do work at a skateboard shop, not a living wage) and in a funk, I had not seen a morning in a while. Today was a nice change of pace. The holidays for some reason make every 12 year old think they want to skateboard. The skateboard stays out until New Years where it goes to it's more permanent home, the closet. Anyway, with all the holiday orders I had to come in earlier than usual to build skateboards which allowed me to greet the world before noon. Glad I did. Last night I finally got back to a 12 and 12 meeting, felt tons better. I had a business lunch/interview it went great, I am confident I'll be working soon. Oh all the things that had me down and out 2 days ago??? All fixable. All these fears, future tripping as I call it, can become a huge problem when left untreated.

I realize this post is all over the place, mostly just wanted to check in and say I am feeling much better. Womynz friend of mine flying in next week for some skiing and sex (don't judge). Big boy job looks much more possible than it did a week ago. Most importantly, I have resumed recovery. I was getting a little too complacent lately. Next step is to stop hating the holidays and maybe watch a Christmas movie to get into the spirit. Christmas Vacation for sure.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you sound just like me when I had four years sober.

Keep going to meetings, its worth it.

It is easy for me to shift my addiction to other things now that alcohol is no longer in my life. One summer I spent almost every weekend and a day or two during the week fly fishing on the Platte River in CO. I got burned out on that too. What sucks is the empty feeling your left with when shit that makes you feel good stops working.

DM said...

Skiing and sex, two of my favorite pastimes. You're a lucky, lucky boy.

anonymous@24 said...

lucky indeed. I am really looking forward to it. angrysoberdude, I love to flyfish as well. One of those lovely rare things that transfers over real nicely from drinking to sobriety.